51st Regiment

Author Topic: Zachtronics  (Read 730 times)

Fortune

• Lieutenant
  • Centre Company
  • Awarded to those who are contributing to the Bronze tier on Patreon.
  • Lieutenant Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Awarded to veterans of the original Battlegrounds 2 83rd Grenadiers. Awarded to veterans of the original Battlegrounds 2 51st Grenadiers. Awarded to veterans of the Mount & Blade: Warband 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded to veterans of the Mount & Musket 51st Regiment.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Zachtronics
« on: October 24, 2017, 01:07:36 AM »
I'm a big fan of Zachtronics, they make some of the best puzzle games out there. (Like SpaceChem, Infinifactory and SHENZHEN I/O which is an upgraded TIS-100)
Even some of their earlier works like RUCKINGENUR and KOHCTPYKTOP.
They also developed Infiniminer, which was probably an inspiration for Minecraft.
Recently they released an early access of their newest game, Opus Magnum, which is an upgrade from the Codex of Alchemical Engineering. I like it a lot already.

But the best thing about Zachtronics games is that sometimes you design something that runs elegant, smooth or just fast that you just have to share it.
To that end, I wish to dedicate this thread to all things Zachtronics and otherwise puzzle game related.

Only one atm, more to follow.
Spoiler: Opus Magnum - Lead Separation • show
Think of all the great men who didn't fap all day.

Homicidal Puppy

• Major
  • High Command
  • 9-1 wasn't a thing until I showed up.
  • Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Commander Awarded to those who have donated a total of 20 EUR to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to veterans of the original Battlegrounds 2 51st Grenadiers. Awarded to veterans of the original Battlegrounds 2 83rd Grenadiers. Awarded to veterans of the Mount & Musket 51st Regiment. Awarded to veterans of the Mount & Blade: Warband 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a commanding officer.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Zachtronics
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 06:06:56 AM »
I don't understand this thread. Is this some nerd stuff, as usual?

Fortune

• Lieutenant
  • Centre Company
  • Lieutenant Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Awarded to veterans of the original Battlegrounds 2 83rd Grenadiers. Awarded to veterans of the original Battlegrounds 2 51st Grenadiers. Awarded to veterans of the Mount & Blade: Warband 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded to veterans of the Mount & Musket 51st Regiment.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 02:43:20 PM »
I don't understand this thread. Is this some nerd stuff, as usual?
It always is. Lets talk about puzzle games, friend.
Perhaps you haven't played a Zachtronics game before. But have you maybe played The Witness? Talos Principle?

Steiner

• Colour Sergeant
  • Light Company
  • Awarded to those who are contributing to the Lead tier on Patreon. Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches. Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches.
  • Hackerman
  • Midshipsman Awarded to those who have donated a total of 20 EUR to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 03:09:42 PM »
You might like this game then (made by a friend of mine):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/503860/Patterna/

Hardcore puzzles, pretty nice for lectures. All levels are provably solvable and have a unique solution. Not as fancy looking as Zachtronics though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:12:10 PM by Walki »
+++++++++++++[>++++>+<<-]>.--.>---.

Fortune

• Lieutenant
  • Centre Company
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 01:49:52 AM »
You might like this game then (made by a friend of mine):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/503860/Patterna/

Hardcore puzzles, pretty nice for lectures. All levels are probably solvable and have a unique solution. Not as fancy looking as Zachtronics though.
Alright, looks good. I'll definitely try this!

Nice, free demo :^)